Thursday, March 19, 2009

Verbal voyeurism...

'Don't you watch MTV roadies?' questioned my friend as if I had committed a crime... Got to know from him that the TV series aired in MTV channel has to do something with adventure...Some colleagues of mine said they like the program because it has something to do with reality.
I forgot all of these conversations amidst my daily work…months passed by before I first witnessed this program. 

Returning back from office early, I saw my roommate watching the program. It was a selection for the ‘Roadies’ as they call. It was something like ragging and ripping apart a person. That was ok…

Last week I saw the roadies in action and found the participants verbally assaulting each other. Found that it has nothing to do neither with adventure nor with reality and what people relish seeing is just a vulgar pleasure in hearing something that is voyeuristic.
I just got up, felt the air engulfing my thoughts and went out for dinner mulling over my thoughts on what people really want as enjoyment.  

1 comment:

  1. Yes.. You're correct.

    I think, you haven't seen MTV's "SplitsVilla" on saturdays :-D.

    Try that one also and tell me your views.

    ReplyDelete