Saturday, July 03, 2010

Learn it in your native tongue... in your own way !!

Four years from now we will see engineers with more concrete basics who had opted for studying in Tamil medium. Had there been no Tamil in the engineering entrance question paper side-by-side to English, I swear I would have score 2-3 marks less. Reading it in my native tongue increased my comprehending speed and avoided any ambiguous situation. I had then dreamed of studying engineering in Tamil, and now it is a reality. Yes, from this year onwards selected colleges will offer Civil and Mechanical streams in Tamil.

Some might argue that Tamil-engineers cannot cope up with the current industry which is services based. But at the end of the day what matters is how much of an engineer you are rather than how much of a communicator you express. It all depends on what people consider as success...Being an engineer or being a fluent English speaker. We can study the degree in Tamil and still learn to communicate in English, but not the other way round. When the whole world is embracing web2.0, Let's embrace this next step with pride.

3 comments:

  1. vendetta7:49 PM

    I love the dedication of tamilians towards the mother tongue, but isn't it too much to bring it such a low level that making it a official language in meetings just because couple of seniors in team are tamilians, we work in MNCs its multi cultural and multi lingual workplace dont you people have shame doing this. I hate the politics done by tamilians in industry nowadays. HP, iFlex, mphasis,samsung,accenture,TCS so many examples. I dont have personal grudge, but giving opportunities to tamilians at the cost of others (I am the victim myself, the person who got the credits for my work dint even knew how to compile the code!!!)? This is utter bull shit, you people come to Bangalore(or any other place it might be), settle here but show no respect to the state and the people. Build series of slums, involve in crime(if you have read newspaper all the gangs involved in robberies and thefts in Bangalore were from TN). And why you people are so insensitive to stink, your localities are filthy and stinking like hell(even Chennai). I am afraid of the activism that has started to suppress the tamilians. You better wake up before its too late.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Vendetta --

    I loved your way of pointing a series of 'you' ...

    Its rather we: we all encourage it to happen but when it strikes our ass, we feel the pain.

    you should express this to your manager rather than putting it as a comment that is irrelevant to my post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:34 AM

    Bwahaha you dint accept my next comments. Looser.

    ReplyDelete